KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
PERIODIC TEST-1, 2019-20
GEOGRAPHY (THEORY) CLASS – XII
Time: 03.00 HRS. Max. Marks: 70
- There are 22 questions and all questions are compulsory.
- Mark for each questions are indicated against it.
- Question number 01 to 7 is very short answer questions carrying 01 mark each. Answer to each of these questions should not exceed 40 words.
- Question number 8 to 13 are short answer questions, carrying 03 marks each. Out of which one question is value based question. Answer to each of these questions should not exceed 80-100 words.
- Question number 14 to 20 are long answer questions carrying 05 marks each. Answer to each of these questions should not exceed 150 words.
- Questions number 21 and 22 are related to identification or locating and labeling of geographical features on maps carrying 5 marks each.
- Outline maps of the World and India provided to you must be attached within your answer-book.
- Use of templates or stencils for drawing outline maps is allowed.
- What is the name of the ‘slush and burn cultivation’ in Central America? 1
- Give an example of non-metallic minerals based industry. 1
- Give an example of traditional large scale industry. 1
- What is the population density of Arunachal Pradesh according census 2011? 1
- Which state of India receives maximum number of immigrants? 1
- Which type of migration stream is more common among the Indian females? 1
- Which type of human settlements is found in the junction points of several roads? 1
- Write a short note on occupational structure of the people. 3
- Briefly discuss about three characteristics of intensive subsistence farming. 3
- Why secondary activities are important? Give three examples. 3
- How the ‘access to agglomeration economies’ helps to develop an industry? Explain with example.3
- Briefly discuss about three environmental consequences of migration. 3
- Briefly explain about three indicators of social empowerment for human development. 3
- Explain about the nature and scope of human geography. 5
- Discuss in detail about the trend of population growth of the world after 1900. 5
- Discuss about the four pillars of human development. 5
- Discuss the significance and growth of the service sector in modern economic development. 5
- Discuss about the spatial pattern of density of population in India. 5
- Which factors have caused spatial variations in the levels of human development among the 15 major states in India? 5
Discuss about different types of rural settlement with example. 5
- In the given political outline map of the world, five features have been shown by a,b,c,d and e. Identify these features with the help of the information given below and write their correct names on the lines drawn near them. (1×5)= 5
- Name the industrial belt as more populated area.
- Write name of the country with highest sex ratio in the world.
- Name the country with highest HDI in the world.
- Areas of Nomadic Harding.
- Name the areas of commercial grain farming in Australia.
- On the given political map of India locate and label the following with appropriate symbols:(1×5)=5
- More densely populated state of south India.
- Locate the area where Indo-Aryan language group of people are found in north-eastern India.
- State with highest poverty (% of people below poverty line).
- Prayag as ancient town.
- Largest urban agglomeration in India.