Question: What do you mean by weather? (India Climate Vegetation and Wildlife)
Answer: Weather means the day by day atmospheric condition in the world. Weather includes temperature, rainfall, humidity, etc. For example the day is hot, cloudy etc. are the expressions of weather phenomenon.
Question: Write about the major seasons in India with their time period.
Answer: There are mainly four seasons in India. These are –
- Summer or the hot weather season. This season is extends from March to May.
- Rainy season or South West Monsoon season. This season is extends from June to September.
- Winter or cold season, this is extends from December to February.
- Autumn or retreating monsoon season extends from October to November.
Question: Write a short note on ‘Loo’.
Answer: This is the hot local wind flowing in the north-western part of India. Due to this wind the temperature of that particular area increases. This wind blows mainly in the day time.
Question: Explain about the beginning of the rainy season in India.
Answer: Here rainy season is marked by the onset of south west monsoon. Generally this wind blows from the Bay of Bengal and Arabian Sea. These two branches of monsoon (Arabian and Bay of Bengal) carries moisture and strike to the mountain region and helps to occurs rainfall in the southern part of that mountainous area. For example the western part of Western Ghat Mountain and southern part of the Himalaya region receives more rainfall due to this south-west monsoon.
Question: What do you mean by monsoon? (India Climate Vegetation and Wildlife)
Answer: This word ‘Monsoon’ is taken from the Arabic word ‘Mousim’ means season. This atmospheric phenomenon originates due to the reversal of season. This wind system is ‘Monsoon’. Due to the location in the tropical region this area experiences such type of monsoon wind.
Indian people economy or whole life style is directly or indirectly controlled by this monsoon wind. For example crop production is depends on monsoon rainfall.
Question: Which part of India receives two times rainfall per year and why?
Answer: In India, two branches of monsoon help to receive rainfall. Therefore few part of India receives two times rainfall in India. Here the southern part of India, especially Tamil Nadu coast or Coromandal coast receives two times rainfall – during the time of onset monsoon and during the retreating monsoon.
Question: Explain about the causes of regional variation of climatic condition in India.
Answer: There are so many factors affecting the climatic condition of an area. Like the location, altitude, distance from the sea, relief etc. In the case of India, these factors affecting the climatic condition in different part.
For example the climatic condition in the coastal area is different from that places which are situated far from the sea.
Question: What are the main types of natural vegetation found in India?
Answer: Due to the variation of climatic condition, relief, nature of soil etc. soil distribution also varied from place to place in India. Therefore there are generally five main types of natural vegetation in India.
- The tropical evergreen forests.
- The tropical deciduous forests.
- Thorny forests.
- Mountain forests. and
- Mangrove forests.
Question: Explain about the distribution of natural vegetation in India.
Answer: Mainly five types of natural vegetation in India distributed in the following places:
- Evergreen forests: mainly distributed in the western part of Western Ghat Mountain, Andaman and Nicobar island area.
- Tropical deciduous forests:
These are mainly distributed in Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, and Odisha or in some part of Maharashtra.
- Thorny bushes:
These types of thorny bushes or grasses are mainly grows in Rajasthan, Run of Kuchh in Gujarat, and eastern slope of Western Ghat Mountain etc.
- Mountain forests:
A wide range of species of natural vegetation is found in the north eastern mountainous area of India.
- Mangrove forests:
These are mainly grows in the delta areas of India. Like in Sunderban delta in West Bengal or in Andaman and Nicobar island area.
Question: Mention different species of vegetation in different types of forests area in India.
- Evergreen forests species: Rosewood, ironwood, ebony, mahogany, etc. are the main species of the evergreen forest area.
- Deciduous forest: Sal, neem, peepal, teak or shisham etc. are the main trees in the deciduous forests area in India.
- Thorny bushes: Babool, Cactus, Khair, or Keekar etc. are the main trees in the desert area.
- Mountain forests: Pine, far, Deodar etc. are the important trees of this forests area.
- Mangrove forests: Sundari,Avicennia, Sonneratia etc. are some significant species of mangrove forests area. Read more….