- Here gets all important question and answer of the chapter India-size and location. Read these questions carefully and prepare yourself.
Question: Explain about the latitudinal and longitudinal extension of our country India.
Answer: India is one of the vast countries in this world. India is extended from 8 degree 4 minutes to 37 degree 6 minutes north. On the other hand longitudinally it is extended from 68 degree 7 minutes to 97 degree 25 minutes.
Question: Explain about the size and relative location of India. (India-Size and Location)
Answer: India is a vast country with an area 3.28 million square kilometers. This is one of the most economically developing country in south East Asia. This country contains about 2.4% of the total geographical area of the world. This country is surrounded by Bangladesh, Myanmar in the east, China, Bhutan and Nepal in the north, Sri Lanka in the south and Pakistan and Afghanistan in the west and north-west part respectively.
India is surrounded by lofty Himalayas in the east and Indian Ocean in the south (Bay of Bengal and Arabian sea). This is the seventh largest country of the world.
- 82 degree and 30 minutes east is the standard meridian in India.
- India is a large country and it may be very big problem to all citizens to maintain any official work together. Hence 82 degree and 30 minutes is the standard meridian for maintaining a single time throughout the country.
- 15200 km is the total land boundary of India.
- 7516.6 km is the total coast line in India including Andaman and Nicobar Island.
- Multiple choice question practice HERE…