Here Indian human development chapter related multiple choice solve questions are shortly mentioned. All key points are important for getting basic ideas. This will help to solve all multiple choice questions.
- How many points have been given to measure HDI?
- In Western or Euro-centric view of development, level of development measured by ——-.
Ans: Availability and accessibility of computerization, industrialization, high level of education system, advance and modern medical facilities etc.
- Which state of India has highest HDI?
- Which state of India has the lowest literacy rate?
Which state of India has the highest literacy rate?
- Name the state of India that has the highest poverty incidence ratio.
Answer: Odisha and Bihar.
- Which is group of children has fundamental right to education as per Indian Constitution?
Answer: 6 to 14 years.
- What is Life expectancy in India today?
Answer: 65 years.
- Name two indicators of human development.
Answer: United Nations development programme has suggested the following indicators of human development – 1. Health, 2. education, 3. access to resource.
- Name three aspects of Human Development.
Answer: economic development, social development, cultural development.
- Access to resources means—-.
Answer: purchasing power in Dollar.
Human Development – India
1. According to the Human Development Report of 1993, which of the following conditions correctly depicts the human development? (Human Development – India)
a. Progressive democratization and increasing empowerment of people are seen as the Minimum conditions for human development
b. Development must be woven around people not the people around development
c. Development is freedom that belongs to modernization and facilities
d. Only (a) and (b)
2. Which of the following factors play decisive role in the allocation of the nature of human Development?
a. Social discrimination
c. Level of empowerment
d. All of the above
3. Which of the following group is most sufferer at the distribution of the development opportunities among different sections of our society? (Human Development – India)
a. Women population b. Scheduled tribes
c .Landless agricultural laborer d. Poor farmers
4. Consider the following statements and choose the correct answer with the help of given codes.
I. Development is a mix bag of opportunities as well as neglect and deprivations.
II. There are few areas like the metropolitan centers and other developed enclaves that have all the modern facilities available to a small section of its population. At the other extreme of it, there are large rural areas and the slums in the urban areas that do not have
basic amenities like potable water, education and health facilities.
a. Only statement I is correct
b. Only statement II is correct
c. Both the statements are correct, statement II correctly explains the statement I
d. Both are correct but not related to each other
5. Which of the following inter related aspects of development has direct bearings on deteriorating human conditions?
a. Plight of women and scheduled castes
b. Environmental pollution
c. Low level of education
d. Individual security
6. Present development is held responsible for which of the following bad effects?
a. Deterioration in quality of life and human development
b. Involving children in sexual activities
c. Fighting between different groups of people
d. Gender discrimination Ans. (a)
7. Consider and evaluate the following factors and problems related to human development and make the correct pairs with the help of given codes
I. Historical factors 1. Level of empowerment
II. Socio-cultural factors 2. Crime and terrorism
III. Social factors 3. Colonialism and imperialism
IV. Political factors 4. Abuse of human rights and social discrimination
Codes I II III IV
a. 3 4 2 1
b. 1 2 3 4
c. 4 3 2 2
d. 3 4 1 2
8. According to the data collected in 2011-12, In Which of the following states more than
30 % population lives in below poverty line?
a. Andhra Pradesh
9 .Which of the following factors is not important to measure healthy and long life?
a. Health and medical facilities for aged population
b. Availability of pre and post natal health care facilities in order to reduce infant mortality and post-delivery deaths among mothers
c. Adequate nutrition and safety of individual
d. Leading a luxurious life
10. In which of the following states, 10% population is living below poverty line?
b. Andhra Pradesh
11. According to the census 2011, in which of the only following states is having
Sex ratio in the age group of 0-6?
12. Which of the following states are posing a disturbing condition in case of child sex ratio In the age group of 0-6 years?
a. Punjab and Haryana
b. Haryana and Delhi
c. Delhi and Punjab
d. Punjab and Uttar Pradesh
13. In the developed states of Punjab and Haryana, child sex ratio is below 850 female children per 1000 male children. Which of the following factors are responsible for it?
a. Social attitude
b. Scientific methods of sex determination
c. Over development in these states
d. Only (a) and (b)
14. “Development is freedom” Freedom from hunger, poverty, servitude, bondage, ignorance, illiteracy etc. Which of the following factors is not considered as fundamental to freedom?
a. Access to knowledge about the society and environment
b. Availability of sufficient capital
c. Equitable distribution of resources
d. involving in criminal activities
15. Which of the following states is having the lowest literacy rate?
a. West Bengal
c. Madhya Pradesh
16. Which of the following states is recorded the highest literacy rate according to census 2011?
d. Tamil Nadu
17. Which of the following north-eastern states found highest literacy rate?
18. The government of India with its flagship program Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM)-
a. Construction of community toilet seats and public toilet seats
b. Making provisions for the supply of clean energy fuel LPG to all households in rural India
to reduce domestic pollution
c .100 percent scientific management of municipal solid waste.
d . All of the above
19. According to census 2011, the total literacy in India is—————————.
a. 74.04 %
20. What is the percentage of female literacy in India according to census 2011?
a. 68.46 %
c. 65.46 %
21. Among which of the following sections of society very low percentage of literacy is not
a. Among the scheduled tribes
b. Among females
c. Among agricultural laborer
d. Among the males of rural areas
22. Which of the following options shows the correct chronological options of the given Indian states in terms of their composite index?
a. Kerala, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Goa, Punjab
b. Kerala, Delhi, Punjab, Goa, Himachal Pradesh
c. Kerala, Delhi, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab
d. Kerala, Goa, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab
23. Which of the following order correctly depicts the states having low literacy rate /
a. Kerala, Mizoram, Tamil Nadu, Delhi, Goa
b. Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Assam, Uttar Pradesh
c. Bihar, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh
d. Kerala, Haryana, Punjab, Karnataka, Maharashtra
24. consider the following and choose the correct answer with the help of given options
I Kerala with the composite index value of 0.790 is placed at the top.
II Kerala is able to record the highest value in the HDI largely due to its impressive performance
in achieving near hundred per cent literacy
a. Both the statements are true
b. Only statement II is true
c. Both the statements are true and statement II correctly explains the statement I
d. Both the statements are incorrect
25. The government of India has made concerted efforts to institutionalize the balanced development. These efforts are based on—————.
a. Social distributive justice through planned development
b. To decrease social discrimination
c. To attain top rank in human development index
d. Gender equality
26. Which of the following factors that developed during colonial period still affecting the economy, polity and society of India? (Human Development – India)
a. Regional distortions
b. Social disparities
c. Social structure
d. Only (a) and (b)
27. Which of the following problems have not been created as the ill effects of development?
a. Regional disparities
b. Environmental degradation
c. Displacement of people
d. Good governance
28. Which of the following major issues were raised in the Human Development Report published in 1993?
a. Participation and empowerment of peoples
b. Security of peoples
c. Progressive democratization
d. all of the above
29. Which of the following scholars first raised the concerted issue regarding imbalances
between population and very limited availability of resources?
a. Sir Robert Malthus
c. Mahatma Gandhi
30. ‘Small is beautiful’ book based on judicious use of resources is written by—-
a. Sir Robert Malthus
d. Mahatma Gandhi
Search in Google