Question 1. “Mamba and Peter stay in two different parts of the world and lead very different lives” – Why?
Answer: This difference is because of the differences in the quality of land, soil, water, natural vegetation, animals and the usage of technology. The availability of such resources is the main reason places differ from each other.
Question 2. What are the main reasons of uneven distribution of population?
Question 4. What are the controlling factors of land use pattern?
Question 6. Why land resources conservation is essential?
Question 7: What is land soil? What are the main factors affecting the formation of soil?
- Climate: Components of climate like temperature or rainfall are the factors controlling the soil formation. For example due to very less rainfall in the desert soil formation is not possible on that particular area.
- Parent rock: Parent rocks mean the original rock from which the soil is formed. This parent rocks control the colour texture chemical properties of the soil.
- Relief or Topography: Due to this relief factor the soil formation is not suitable in the mountainous area.
- Flora and Fauna: The flora and fauna also affects the rate of humus formation on the soil.
- Time: Finally it takes more than millions of year for the formation of soil. Therefore time is another important factor for the formation of soil.
- Nowadays degradation of soil is very common and therefore we have to preserve these soil resources. There are so many methods of soil conservation like Terrace farming, inter cropping, contour plugging, shelter belt, Rock dams and mulching etc.
- The maximum part of the Earth’s surface is covered with this water resource. But this huge amount of water is not usable for the human beings. Therefore we have to conserve this water resource.
- We have to do judicial use of this natural resource.
- We have to minimize the source of water pollution as much as possible.
- Like we have to minimize the use of chemical fertilizers on agricultural land so that the surface runoff cannot pollute this water.
- We can stop over irrigation process.
Question: What do you mean by biosphere?
Answer: Natural vegetation and wildlife exist only in the narrow zone of contact between the lithosphere, Hydrosphere and atmosphere which is known as the biosphere. This biosphere is gradually facing several kinds of problems human made and some natural causes.
- Natural vegetation and wildlife are valuable resources like plants provide us timber, give shelter to animals, provide oxygen etc.
- Natural vegetation protect soil erosion for growing crops.