Model Question Paper for Class 12 – CBSE Geography
QP Practice Set-1
Class – XII
Subject – Geography (Code-029)
Time – 3hrs Max. Marks – 70
- All questions are compulsory.
- 1 to 18 question numbers are carrying 1 marks each. In your answer sheets just write the correct answer.
- Questions from 19 to 22 are short answer type of questions and these are carrying 3 marks each. Answers should not exceed 80 to 100 words.
- Questions from 23 to 28 are short answer type of questions and these are carrying 5 marks each. Answers should not exceed 150 words.
- Question numbers 29 and 30 are related to India and world map pointing respectively. These two questions are carrying 5 marks each.
- Map of the world and India must be attached within your answer book.
- It is allowed to use stencil or template for drawing of outline maps.
- Munda group of people belongs to which of the following language family? (1 marks)
Which one of the following period is characterised by the ‘Great Economic Depression’?
a. Before 1921
b. 1921 – 1951
c. 1951 – 1981
d. After 1981
- Which country share highest percentage of number of immigrants with India? (1 marks)
- Which one of the following country is characterised with highest sex ration in the world? (1 marks)
c. United Arab Emirates
Declining type of population pyramid is found in ____.
Arrange the following cities according to their ranks i.e. I,II,III, and IV. (1 marks)
a. Greater Mumbai, Bangaluru, Kolkata, Chennai.
b. Delhi, Greater Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata.
c. Greater Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai.
d. Kolkata, Greater Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi.
‘Ambala’ is an example of ___ town.
- Which one of the following is an example of pull factor? (1 marks)
a. Water shortage
b. Medical facilities
Development means ___. (1 marks)
a. An positive change in quality
b. A simple change in quality
c. An increase in size
d. A constant in size.
- Kolkhoz is related to ____. (1 marks)
a. Co-operative farming.
b. Collective farming
c. Market gardening
d. Mediterranean Agriculture.
- Which one of the following is not related to others? (1 marks)
- Monoculture is not related to which of the following? (1 marks)
a. Commercial grain farming
b. Plantation farming
c. Mixed farming
d. Dairy farming.
- Which one of the following is not an example of pack animal? (1 marks)
- Which economic sector losing its importance day by day? (1 marks)
a. Primary Activity
b. Secondary activity
c. Tertiary activity
d. Quaternary activity.
- Which one of the following city first reached to the level of million city? (1 marks)
b. New York
- GATT was renamed as WTO in ___. (1 marks)
a. 1st June, 1999
b. 1st January, 1989
c. 1st January, 1995
d. 1st June 1979
- Which one of the following is the NW 2? (1 marks)
a. Allahabad to Haldia stretch
b. Sadiya to Dhubri stretch
c. Kottapuram to Kollam stretch
d. Vijayawada to Muktyala stretch
- PSLV stands for ___. (1 marks)
a. Personal Satellite Launch Vehicle.
b. Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle.
c. Private Satellite Launch Vehicle.
d. Personal Satellite Land Vehicle.
- Which one of the following is the headquarter of North Eastern Railway zone? (1 marks)
- Tajmahal is affected due to ____ pollution. (1 marks)
d. Above all.
- Which cropping season coincides with the south west monsoon in India? (1 marks)
d. Above all
- “The main gateway of the world of international trade are ports and harbours” – Explain the following statement with example. (3 marks)
- Differentiate between the environmental determinism and possibilism with example. (3 marks)
- i. What is the name of the this plant?
ii. Which field supply coal for this plant?
iii. Which river provides water resources for this plant? (1+1+1=3 marks)
- “Development has the direct bearing on deteriorating the condition of human beings” – explain how the poor people are affected in this process. (3 marks)
Explain about the concept of ‘Human Development’ as proposed by UNDP.
- “Economic development constraints the process of sustainable development” – Justify the statement with suitable example. (5 marks)
“Nuclear energy has the bright future in India” – Explain this statement with suitable example.
- What is Neeru-Meeru? Explain about Haryali. (2+3=5 marks)
- Classify industries on the basis of inputs. Explain each of them with suitable example. (5 marks)
” High-tech industries are attracted to the peripheral areas of the major urban centers” – Justify the statement with suitable example.
- “Quaternary sector plays vital role in the modern civilization” – Explain with suitable example. (5 marks)
- Explain about the modes of cyber space by which the contemporary economic and social space of human beings will expand. (5 marks)
Explain with example about some major regions of the world where a dense airway network has developed.
- “Land degradation by the natural process is less harmful than human made processes” – Justify the statement with example. (5 marks)
Locate and label the following places on the map of India. (any five) (1×5=5 marks)
i. State with negative growth of population (Census 2011)
ii. Iron ore exporting port in Andhra Pradesh.
iii. Bauxite mines in Odisha
iv. Copper mines in Jharkhand
v. Coal mines in Tamil Nadu
vi. Oil refineries in Gujarat
vii. Head quarter of Eastern railway zone
- Identify the following features on the map of the world. (1×5=5 marks)
A. Westernmost terminal point of Trans Canadian Railway.
B. Head quarter of LAIA.
C. A major seaport.
D. An international airport.
E. A major international airport.
Here you will get more – Model Question Paper for Class 12 – CBSE Geography