Natural Vegetation and Wildlife – Class 9
Q. What is natural vegetation?
Answer: Natural vegetation means that plant communities which are growing naturally. In the other word natural vegetation means that plant communities which are growing without the interference of human beings. Cultivated crops or other planted trees are not natural vegetation.
Q. What is flora or fauna?
Answer: The term flora means all the plant communities on the earth. On the other hand fauna means all the animal species on the earth.
Q. What are the factors are affecting the diversity of flora and fauna?
Answer: There are so many factors affecting the diversification of flora and fauna. Which are as follows:
- Land: Directly or indirectly land effects on the diversification of natural vegetation. For example fertile soils are very suitable for cultivation. Or undulating surface are suitable for growing of grasses or other plants.
- Soil: Different types of natural vegetation are growing in different types of soil area. For example thorny bushes or grasses are growing in the dry soil area and in the alluvial soil area different types of natural vegetation grows very well.
- Temperature: The growths of natural vegetation are mainly controlled by temperature. If we observe the growth of natural vegetation in the cold area and hot area, their characteristics are totally different.
- Precipitation: Precipitation or rainfall also controls the distribution of natural vegetation. Example in the tropical evergreen forest area high rainfall occurred. But in the case of desert area due to low rainfall natural vegetation s are sparsely the distributed.
- Photo period or sunlight duration: Photo period also is one of the most important controlling factor of the distribution of natural vegetation. For proper growing of natural vegetation sunlight is very important for photosynthesis process.
Q. Explain ecosystem with example.
Answer: In a geographical area all the plants and animals are directly or indirectly interrelated with each other which form an ecosystem. For example ecosystem of the pond, ecosystem of the forests etc.