Primary activities: Depending upon the immediate environment people hunted animals and practicing farming, fishing etc. Gathering and hunting are the oldest economic activity.
Agriculture is practiced under multiple combinations of physical and socio economic conditions, which gives rise to different types of Agricultural system. Like, primitive subsistence farming, intensive subsistence farming or extensive commercial grain cultivation. And in the case of mixed farming is found mainly in the developed countries. And one important agricultural system is Mediterranean agriculture. This is also commercial agriculture.
- Write any two plantation crop.
Answer: Banana and coffee.
- in which country Cooperative farming becomes the most successful experiment?
- Mention the term for growing of flowers.
- in which type of agriculture is the farming of citrus fruit very important?
Answer: Mediterranean region.
- Which type of agriculture is called slash and Burn agriculture?
Answer: Primitive subsistence.
- Write any two primary activities.
Answer: Hunting, agriculture, fishing, mining.
- What do you mean by red collar workers?
Answer: People engaged in primary activities.
- What do you mean by transhumance?
Answer: Seasonal Migration of people with their livestock.
- Any two era based on Civilization of Minerals?
Answer: Copper and bronze era.
- Name the main crop grown in temperate grassland?
- Gathering is practice in 1. high latitude zones, 2. low latitude zones.
- In tropical Africa, cattle are the most important livestock and In the Sahara and Asiatic desert, sheep, goat, and camel are reared.
- In the mountain regions Gujjars, Bakarwals, Gaddis, and Bhutias migrate from plain to the mountains in the summer season.
- Milpa in central America, Ladang in Malaysia, Roka in Brazil and Jhum cultivation in north eastern India is same.
- Paddy cultivation is common in intensive subsistence farming.
- Viticulture means grape cultivation.
- Truck farming means vegetable cultivation using trucks.