Working of the Institutions
Q. Explain about the major policy decision taken by the democratic government.
Answer: (Working of the Institutions)
- Office memorandum: At first the government release an office order called office memorandum (OM) on that particular issue. This O.M. contains number and date. Then the secretary of that particular department signed on that order. It is looks like normal office order. This office order announced major decision for the region.
- Decision making: After releasing the office order may not be applicable in the real field. For doing so long process going on. In this case of major decision the President of the country is the head of the state and Prime Minister is the head of the government. Both of them are the main authority for taking these type of major decision.
Here parliament consists of the President and two houses namely – the Loksabha and Rajyasabha and the Prime minister must have the major Loksabha members support.
In this way after long time debates and controversy an office memorandum release as the decision of the government with majority support of the members of parliament.
Q. Explain about the needs of political institutions with example.
Answer: The government consists of several political institutions for doing several works for the country. Political institutions are required for the following reasons:
- For taking major decisions or making many schemes for the country.
- To ensure the security of the citizen of that particular country.
- For collecting taxes from the people for using that taxes in different developmental works.
- To control the violation of the people among themselves.
- For making new rule and regulations as per the requirements.
- For example:
- The Prime minister and the cabinet takes major decisions for the country.
- The civil servants are implementing the decision of the ministers.
- Supreme is an another institution solve the dispute between the people or others etc.